Search This Blog

Two weeks of soup

On a very cold day two weeks ago, I decided that in order to simplify my life, and teach my girls to cook in an easy way, we would only have soup for dinner for the next six months. This is not meant to be a punishment to my family. In fact, part of the reason I decided to do it is because every time I serve soup for dinner, my husband says, "I just love soup. I could eat soup for dinner every night." Maybe he said it again two weeks ago, and planted the thought at the opportune moment for me.

** Update: Six months of soup ended up being only two weeks of soup. It was good during that time. Now I am going to start using this blog to record all my recipes and meals. See the label cloud or the table of contents for a directory of entries. Or use the search button to search this site or the web.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Turnip Soup

Turnip Soup
prep time 30 minutes
serves 8

Ingredients:
6 Tbs butter
1 Tbs olive oil
5 or 6 turnips sliced thin
1 large onion chopped small
5 potatoes chopped
3/4 lb ground turkey (browned)
4 cups chicken broth
Parmesan Cheese

Instructions:
Heat the butter and olive oil.
Saute onions and turnips until brown (about 20 minutes).
Add potatoes. Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, stirring frequently.
Add turkey and chicken broth.  Heat through.  Serve immediately.  Top with Parmesan cheese to taste if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment